Hosting A Formation Course
Thank you for your interest in hosting formation in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd! This document will offer you guidance in discerning the right time for a formation course in your area and how to go about planning one.
Formation courses in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd are a wonderful opportunity for adult faith formation as well as the way we form catechists and help to prepare them to work with children. To continue to build a community of catechists who are connected to others in this country and around the world we ask that all CGS formation courses in Australia (and where Australian formation leaders lead internationally) be registered with the Association of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, Australia.
In the Host Pack you will find the following resources:
- A Course Registration Form (Form 1) this needs to be completed as soon as possible and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A checklist to help you prepare and plan the Formation (Form 4)
- A brochure template (Form 5)
- Recommended texts to order for participants (your Formation Leader may be able to help supply these so check with them first) (Form 6)
- Ask your Formation Leader* for a list of atrium requirements (Forms L1, L2 or L3 as appropriate).
*If you do not have a local Formation Leader, you can contact email@example.com to help you locate a Formation Leader who may be available to travel to run a course.